7.1. Planning Stage - Part 01
7.1.1. Months 1 - 3
- Local sponsor invites wastewater recycling consultant to determine if the area is suitable for a wastewater recycling facility.
- Consultant and sponsor together identify a leading local organization to develop the project - company, individual or non-governmental organization.
- Representatives from the leading organization visit an operating wastewater recycling facility to get introduced to the process of wastewater recycling.
- Leading organization chosen.
- Preliminary discussions by leading organization with local authorities to gain approval for project.
- Wastewater recycling consultant chosen.
- Project Director chosen and if untrained, takes ten day training to learn general requirements.
Project Director and wastewater recycling consultant together develop:
- plan to review the existing collection system
- list of required authority approvals
- plan for working with water company and municipality
- workplan & timetable,
- team members & management structure
- allocation of workplan responsibilities
- community involvement program
- general budget
- financial reporting structure
- list of agricultural products and markets in the area
- list of aquaculture resources and capabilities
- evaluation of security of possible sites for products
- draft contracts
Equipment and Materials List for Planning Stage:
- 100 meters transparent water hose
- water source near site
- 300 meters of string
- wooden stakes
- 10 meter measuring tape
- pencils, pens, ruler, triangle, drawing paper
- log book
- rubber boots
- quick test kits for phosphate, nitrite, nitrate, ammonia
- sterile bottles for pathogens test provided by laboratory
- timer or wrist watch with second hand
- camera and film
- tools to clean site of vegetation
- spade shovel